Friday, October 11, 2013

Nova Chat 7 Goes to School ...

.

First off ... ignore my laundry in the background.   Secondly - this is Nathan checking out his Personal section of his NC7 ...   we are avoiding the buttons with - say - address, phone number, etc...   that is why I have some covered up and am directing him around them.  Otherwise he would have to play them in order.  Ha ha....



Today when I took him to school, he did NOT want to go .....  this is him saying "I'M SICK!!!!!"
He's telling me "MY TUMMY HURTS" ... ha ha... he's faking.
This was outside his room today ... had to take a picture of it......

We have a routine.  We drive him to school (if he took the bus he would be on it for probably OVER AN HOUR - at least 45 minutes - and for him, that would NOT be okay - he would spend the whole time crying.)   He eats breakfast at school.  So we go in his room, drop off his stuff (he's usually unwilling and sad if not crying) ....  we take his breakfast back to his room because it's quiet in there there... there isn't that many people and he can focus on eating.  He might be extremely pokey puppy about it all - but he eats.


Here he is sporting his noise cancelling headphones at school.  We need some at home - the definitely help him relax.



Later that day - we went to pick up Nathan from school!  He had taken his NC7 with him and we heard the speech therapist was THRILLED and wanted to know how to get it for the other kids.  LOL...  it was a long long process....

And I say - even though insurance hasn't agreed to pay for it - and we're "renting" it .. and trying to raise money to buy it.....  I say... now that we have it...   they are going to have to come knocking on my door and pry it from my cold dead hands (and Nate's) to get it back....


When we left school, Nathan HAD to carry his NC7 ...  course, he's busy shooting me with his M&M tube that Kaedyn picked up for him as a treat.




No comments: