Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hiding the Hearing Aids ...

.


Noah's got 2 hearing aids because he lost one - we ordered a new one - and then he "found" his old one.  Fine... cuz he loses it all the time.  So - yesterday morning - can't find the *new* hearing aid he's been wearing - pull out the old one.   He went to school, came home and went to sleep ... he slept for FIVE HOURS - yeah, he's going to be sick......  so when he gets up ...I ask him... 

"Noah, where is your hearing aid?"

"I don't know."

"Yes you do, where is it?"

"I don't know."

"Yes you do, go get it!"

"I don't know where it's at."

A little while later - we're playing cards - he says "When can we play a family game?"

I look at him, and said "As soon as you bring me both your hearing aids, we'll play."

"So if I bring them to you - can we play?"

"After school tomorrow," I told him.  

5 minutes later.... he hands me two hearing aids.

"You were hiding them!!"

"No I wasn't."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww. Kids can really be a bit naughty and adorable at the same time sometimes. Those are the moments we should not take for granted. When they grow up, we can never bring back these moments when we frown and laugh at the same time. It would be those priceless moments we can look back at and cherish. :)

Rebecca Kavel

Serena Outland said...

Oh! Noah wanted to play with you, lovable kid. I guess that’s just his way of expressing how important you are in his life. The fact that he wanted to hide his hearing aids just to spend time with you is quite heartwarming, actually. That point where he asked you when you can play a family game is actually touching, if you ask me. How’s he doing right now? I hope he’s held onto the pair he had then!