Thursday, June 26, 2014

G-Tube Surgery - Day 3 & Going Home...

.  You can read about Day 1 (Surgery Day) and Day 2 in the hospital.

We knew (based on Nathan's history) that this would probably be the day we were going to go home.  It just all depended on how Nathan was .....  he ended up sleeping really late.


FB:  So .... last night the nurse (love this nurse) put the Pulse Ox on Nathan because of the fact he's on Oxy .. just to keep an eye on him. So .... literally a half hour ... later... he .... moves, and I see a flash of a red light. I just thought it was his hand moving. I see the light by the rail of his bed, again, thought it was his hand, but I notice that his monitor was "?" ... lolol... nurse comes in, I said .... "He ripped it off didn't he" ... she says "he sure did" ... he's sleeping btw. I laughed and laughed. I said . "You are going to have an interesting night." I woke up this morning ... it's on his toe. HA HA HA HA ...


While Nathan was still sleeping, I ran down to Starbucks to get breakfast, because...... unlike him, I was up at 6am again.

FB:  Creepy I am still tired story of this morning.... I went to Starbucks to get some breakfast. .. When they handed it to me it had my name on it. I never gave them my name. Then I realized I was wearing my parent badge.... with...my....name....


He would wake up for a minute, and go back to sleep........

He ended up sleeping until almost 10am ..... so he slept about 12 hours exactly - with getting woken here and there through the night to get pain meds.

And when he did finally wake up .....  he seemed and looked SO MUCH BETTER already - than he had been the day before.

We sat up and he ate his breakfast ....

FB: He is up! He looks better today! He slept 11 to 12 hours (interrupted) but after eating and meds he is at a 4 on the pain scale! Yay! He is not lost in the tablet to escape the pain. He is watching cartoons!


Doctors came in and told them how he was doing ... and got the clear to go home!  Made the call...  Daddy was off of work for a DR appt so after the DR appt they (Nana & Daddy) headed up.

I tried to get Nate to get up and walk but he didn't want to.  When I did get him to walk - he walked like a little old man all hunched over and shuffling his feet :(

When we got the news they were almost at the hospital, we went out to surprise them...


When they were about to get into the elevator, I hit the button and Nathan walked in, and the doors shut.  (First time he has ever been in an elevator by himself AND I knew Nana and Daddy were right there waiting.) ...   I heard my mom go "WHAT are YOU doing in there?" LOLOL...  it was cute.   So when they got back up he went back in the wheel chair ...

He had some lunch, and we packed up....  got stuff out to the van.  Then it was time to head home.


Had chocolate milk for ride home (that was about the only thing he has been drinking)

Took the ferry home, and before getting on the ferry, we got Subway....

 We got home around 7ish ... and just got stuff inside, got what we needed un-packed, and pretty much all went to bed.   We were all tired.  :/


No comments: