Tuesday, December 25, 2007

My Unique Flowers.....

In 2004 I attended a genetics conference in San Antonio TX .. and I was in a lecture where some kids got up, well, not kids per-say... but some adults and young adults with "Special Needs" got up to talk...

One point they got across was, they don't like the terms "Special Needs" and "Handicap" ... they are just who they are... and if you are going to categorize them... refer to them as "Special Flowers" ... or something like that... because they are no less beautiful then everyone else, they are just different...

That made me think... about my own child...... Children now...

And how I have chosen to raise them... despite the "special needs" that they have..

Yes....... I am the mother of Special Needs Children.... each in their own way... I don't love them any less because they are not "perfect" ... in fact... maybe I love them more :)

Please add me to your favorites as I introduce you to my children, discuss their progress, concerns, illnesses, worries, and general life.

After all... they are my Unique Flowers... like snow flakes... no two are the same.. each special in their own way!

1 comment:

my4kids said...

I like the Unique Flower discription. My kids have special needs as well although I don't always go into detail on everything about them. Sometimes I think it would explain things that go on better but I don't always like to talk about it.