Thursday, January 13, 2011

Nathan's First Day of Preschool.... again....

.
So yesterday (1-10) was Nathan's FIRST day in his new preschool......... he goes in the afternoon!
 Of course, being in the afternoon........ during his possible crash time............ we run into this problem... he... fell........ asleep.... 

 I woke him up and said "Nathan, want to go play... .want to go to school?  It's time to go to school" and he said "NO" and started to cry.  Luckily we had a few moments to hang out before going into his classroom, so there was a lot of cuddling and a lot of reassuring and a lot of coaxing...  but he did NOT want his picture taken......
 And there was a lot of him cuddling into my neck...
Lookie his little backpack.......
 Sitting on the curb pouting ....
 But we got inside and he just cried and cried and cried....  I showed him his picture and name on his hook... and he kinda liked that but wasn't really impressed..
 Nathan's stuff on his hook.....
 He didn't want to write his name, so I helped him trace his name... and then it was time to color, and he didn't want to do that.... so I colored the apple, and I tried to get him to help me color the fire truck, but he didn't want to do that, and his teacher colored his cherries... and ... he wasn't interested at all ....  but when his teacher said "okay, it's time for playdoh" his FACE LIT UP ........ he loooooooooooooooooves Playdoh!
 That was the turning point for him.  He started to have a little fun.  Then it was Circle-time... and music ... and his hands were clasped over his ears most of the time.  I got such a kick out of the days of the week song .... it was in the tune of the Addams Family ...

If you haven't heard it ......... here it is......


I ended up staying for the first hour (it's 2 1/2 hour class) ...  and then I managed to sneak out ... and he apparently had a wonderful time for the rest of the day.

Nathan was worn out when he got home.  He fell asleep with his cuppie of root beer (a treat) ... he slept ALL night too - we woke him up to change him (PJs and diaper) and to give him his pokey - but he went right back to sleep.


Today was his second day of school and Dennis took him.  He said that he got really excited when he saw the little trailer that is the temporary housing for his preschool room.  He went into class... he wrote his name and even did the last N on his own and did it like a champ!  His Daddy was super excited and impressed with that.  (We write his name a lot with him) ...  and just over all he had a great day it seemed.  AND when he went to pick him up, he creeped in and saw him excitedly PARTICIPATING in this song.......


Which is one of my FAVORITE of all time songs from when I was little and in school!  I am so excited that he didn't cry today (like he did everyday at the other school) ...  and that he is participating in the songs...... it's amazing to me and excites me so much!!  I love that he is enjoying school this time around, that we found what I hope proves to be a WONDERFUL fit for him!  So far it seems that it is!!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

omgosh the vids were super cute! I'm so glad he's enjoying himself in preschool!!