Tuesday, January 18, 2011

First Bus Ride... NO TEARS!!!

.
Nathan started school - for the second time - last week.  Incase you didn't read about it - his first preschool was very dull and not very inviting.  He went through some testing for his speech, etc, and he got put in a great classroom with a great teacher, the room is really inviting and welcoming.  It's a small classroom, so he has more one on one attention right now.  Well, even though we aren't in that school district, because he's on an IEP he can get bused there because that's where the school district placed him.  So....today was the first day that the BIG BUS picked him up.

All morning I was fretting about how he was going to take it.  I was expecting tears, clinging and especially him shaking his head and telling me or yelling NO .... I never expected what happened!

To begin with, I talked with Nathan... told him he'd be meeting a new friend, and how he'd be riding on the bus, and trying to prepare him for it. 

So when the bus came, and I opened the door....  HE RAN before I could even get my shoes on....

By the time I lifted my camera.........
 He was all the way down the sidewalk.... threw open the gate and everything....  he didn't bother waiting to get his jacket on or get his backpack, he was just gone!!  Then he stood right outside the door of the bus and waited.... 
 And when he opened up the door, Daddy was just catching up to him with his jacket and backpack...
 Daddy came and grabbed the camera and took pictures of him from the other side of the bus, where his seat was.  He said he was waving "Bye" in this picture...
 Little Man....on a BIG BUS...
 The last picture I took ....
 Kaedyn and I cried........... seriously, we cried.....

And then when he got home....  Little Man getting off the bus....
 Going down the bus steps all by himself..... 
 He got off the bus and turned around and looked at it like "Can I get back on now?" and then when I directed him to the gate, he paused ... like.... "this isn't what I had in mind" ... 
 Master Noah had pop'd out of the house and asking "Nathan did you have a good day?" ... 
 And then the sweetest moment...........
Seriously though, he seemed to have an AWESOME day at school.  It THRILLS me to the core that he's doing this but it scares me to death too!  Which is so silly but he's getting big but he's still so little.  He's almost 4 and still just the size of a 1 year old to 18 month old....   But he is doing AWESOME and what parent wouldn't be PROUD!!!

No comments: