Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The CRABBIES be going through the house....

.We call it Kangaroo - because it's like putting him in a little pouch, all tight and snugly.   Not like Kanagrooing in the NICU where it was skin to skin....  but it's the same premise.  This is Kangaroo to help give him some positive pressure (sensory) so that he can work through his emotions at the time.  We do it when he's really upset, usually when something has changed or he's not getting his way and he thinks he should be... or his brother(s) are picking on him or not including him or just being plain ol' mean.  Nathan comes to me all the time, usually he tries to crawl into my clothes, or if I'm wearing my big black sweater he'll crawl in there.... but mostly we do it with big blankets or sheets that I can wrap around me and keep tight...

Today - he crawled into my sweater and every now and then, I can bring him out of whatever extreme emotion he's in by being goofy.... today, we did that.  And took selfies ....


Nathan wasn't the only crabby one in the house today.  Noah was too ... and he was wearing the appropriate attire too ....  The Grinch....

No comments: