Friday, May 18, 2012

Avery's Bucket List

.
 My Mom posted a video on her facebook on April 30th 2012.......

......... I didn't see it for several days .... but when I did, the story inspired me.



 This news special was posted at 10am on April 30th.....

I found their blog .... Avery's Bucket List .... I thought - I am going to SHARE this on my blog - more awareness for this child...

And today - as I'm really looking at the blog....... I see ....... she died the same day her story broke. (This is taken from her blog, posted May 1st, 2012)

 Avery Lynn Canahuati 11/11/11 - 04/30/12 
 Hello everyone this is Avery's father. Avery passed away yesterday sometime around 3pm due to pulmonary complications related to SMA. In short, one of her lungs collapsed and she went into cardiac arrest. I immediately performed CPR on her and was able to bring her back to life, but only for a brief period of time before she passed away shortly after arriving at the hospital. Avery's passing this quickly came as a complete shock to all of us, as she had just been given a thumbs up at her last doctors appointment only three days ago. While we were aware of the severity of her diagnosis, we never lost hope for Avery and even in her passing, we still have hope for our daughter and all of her friends. I'm going to share a note Avery gave me back when all of this started, but made me promise not to open until I knew the time was right... (read more by clicking the above link)

A Video to Honor Her....

 Avery Canahuati, the 5-month-old girl who captured the nation's heart with her family's embrace of life despite a devastating diagnosis, died Monday of complications from spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). The disease is the number one genetic killer of children under age 2 in the U.S., with 1 in 40 Americans carrying the gene that can lead to the disease.

Please keep her family in your prayers.  Share her story!


No comments: