Monday, May 4, 2009

Worrying ... it's a Mom's Job...


Even though he’s changing for the better in the eating aspect, he seems to get more and more distant – and that bothers me. He makes less and less eye contact. The fact that he no longer poses for pictures like he use to, and just a lot of little things.


I had a moment today where I was calling myself crazy for thinking he has autism, some form of it anyway. That maybe I should just let it go, let the appointment slide. But then I snapped back and thought I would be mad if I skipped out and something WAS wrong, and I had a chance to figure it out now” My gut says something MORE is wrong then what we know, or suspect. SOMETHING isn’t write, and my head keeps going back to some form of high functioning autism.


I don’t WANT him to have autism.


I hope he DOESN'T have it...


I don’t WANT him to have any of the crud he does, I wouldn’t wish for any child to have to go through what he does, and have all this hanging over their head…


As a mother of a child like this…like Noah ... you worry about stupid stuff. Will he ever be able to live on his own? (Noah will, Nathan is up in the air but my gut says he will) ... Will he ever be able to have kids (for both kids, this is a major question) ... and so many more questions.


Worrying is my job, I'm a mom. If I didn't have this, I would find something else to worry about.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hi I often have the same worries as you do with Isabella. I understand you so much!

I really need to ask you this, but is autism somenthing progressive that gets worse over time?